If you're using an Android phone and your step counter isn't functioning correctly, follow these steps:
➡️ First, make sure that you have the latest version of the application installed
- Install the Google Fit app on your phone and grant it access to your fitness data. Check if the steps recorded by Google Fit match those recorded by WeWard.
- To sync better, make sure that the email account linked to your WeWard account matches the one used for Google Fit.
➡️ Verify that WeWard has permission to retrieve your Google Fit activity
- Open Google Fit.
- Tap "Browse," then select "Activity."
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner and ensure that WeWard is listed under "Connected apps."
- Select WeWard and make sure that it shows "Additional access: see your Google Fit speed and distance data." If not, tap "Remove access" and reconfirm access from the WeWard app (Settings > Step Data Source).
➡️ Check that WeWard has permission to track your physical activity
- Open your phone's Settings.
- Navigate to Apps > WeWard > Permissions > Physical Activity > Access for this app: Allow.
- In WeWard settings, select "Step data source" and choose "Google Fit."
- Open WeWard in the morning before your walks and remember to convert your steps regularly. 😊
If these solutions don't work:
- Close the application and reopen it. Press and hold the WeWard icon -> ⓘ ->. A window will appear. Tap "Force stop" in the bottom right corner, then open the app again.
- If the issue persists, you can try changing the step data source.
- If the problem continues, your phone's internal step counter may have stopped working. Restart your device.
- In the WeWard settings, tap on "Step Data Source" and select "WeWard Sense".
- Open WeWard in the morning before your walks and ensure your phone doesn't automatically close it. Remember to convert your steps regularly.
You can try both step counters and select the one that suits you best. 😊
Noticing Discrepancies in Step Counts
Why does WeWard count fewer steps than my phone's built-in pedometer?
We're actively working to enable more smartwatches to synchronize with WeWard.
Additionally, please be aware that some phone models (e.g., many Huawei models) may encounter more issues with the app than others. We apologize for any inconvenience and aim to enhance our pedometer to ensure everyone can enjoy WeWard. 👣